Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday - in Newark, NJ!

Well, I'm officially back in the states (Newark, NJ - is in the states right?)! I left Basingstoke early this am for Heathrow. The check-in and security was actually pretty fast, so it was a hurry up and wait situation. Oddly enough at Heathrow, you have to take off your belt for screening but not your shoes. Now wasn't Heathrow the origin of the "shoe-bomber"? I'm just saying - weird!

The flight over was non-eventful. Continiental has these personal flight entertainment systems where you can pick from dozens of movies, tv shows, music and games right in your own seat monitor. That made the time "fly by" (no pun intended). It's also much easier on the body coming westbound - I feel pretty good. I practiced controlling my cough the whole way over so as to avoid any, "you're too sick to enter the contry" spiel!

I did however, get held up in customs once in NJ. It was partially over having commercial CD's on me (my own) and a nice big bottle of scotch. It all worked out in the end though and now i'm sitting waiting on an 8:30pm flight to Nashville.

I know it will take me a few days to digest the trip, but I will post my final thoughts about the UK adventure in a few days. I may also try to ammend some of the posts with some relevant pictures.

All in all, I met and played for incrdibley gracious and musically passionate people, got to see some beautiful countryside (wish I had more time in Scotland) and enjoyed travelling with Robert and Briana.

More later.

Thanks,

Peace,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment