Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Travelling Day

Had a great time in Charlottesville, VA last weekend, doing the Barking Cherry House Concert Series. My friend Len Jaffe (from my old DC - days) and his wife Ginny run a great night with an enthusiastic crowd. Had a chance to visit with WJUT Radio (I think that was it) Brian who runs the folk show up there - had fun playing songs live on the air and talking about my creative life of poverty!

Played in Charlotte, NC last night with the Folklahoma-appalachi-Groovetrain at the Evening Muse. For a solo troubadour - travelling with my friends,Kim Mclean, Devon O'Day, Will McLean and Chris Herin is a blast on and off stage! Lets see; locking the car keys in the Jeep (again), nerf football, hot-tub, Pizza & Beer and a fun 2 hour show in front of new and old friends - (I'll leave out getting my butt kicked in wii football by Will).

In the Houston airport now waiting to catch a later flight out to Heathrow to hook up with Briana Hardyman for a 2 week tour in the UK - starting tomorrow night in Bilston, opening for Chumbawamba - should be an interesting mix of music that night! Looking most forward to the Scotland leg of the tour - gonna' track my lowland horse thief roots!

Peace,
Mark

1 comment:

  1. Some AAA offices and locksmiths can make you a "credit card" key...it's in the shape of a credit card with a partial cutout duplicating your car key. I've had mine in my wallet since 2005 and have used it about 10 times. I'm hoping to find another locksmith to make a new one, as this one may be getting ready to crack.

    ReplyDelete