Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday Night - The Maars Bar, Worcester, England



We opened for a wonderful artist last night named Amy Wadge. She's from Wales.

We did a 30" opening set. I played but still could not sing. I had a fever before showtime, so I took some aspirin. Between the stage lights and the fever breaking I was my own waterfall onstage. I thought for sure I would short out my guitar or electrocute myself! I'm sure the audience was thinking that I had the bird flu or something - not a pretty site.

Briana did well carrying the singing for the night and the crowd seemed responsive. We had a two hour ride back to Basingstoke and crashed quickly. We're off on Monday and then resume on Tuesday.

Thanks for follwoing along.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you first caught a virus which diminished your immunity and allowed the bacterial infection full reign over your respiratory tract?

    Anyway, if some upstart ever asks the silly question, "What do you mean, I have to "pay my dues", just point them toward this blog.

    ReplyDelete