Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday - Mark's UK Tour of Hospital ER's continues!

Well,

The antibiotics have been doing nothing and feeling much worse today - so off again to the ER. They did a EKG and a chest x-ray, ruled out pneumonia. That said the lung infection is pretty stout - so they changed up the antibiotics to something (2 in fact) much stronger. The amazing thing again was, I paid about $21 for the Rx and nothing, nada for the chest x-ray and cardiac workup. I,m going to have lots of discussion points with my friends who down universal health care soon!

I am hoping that the new course of treatment may give me a shot at the last 2 days of the tour, but who knows. I had really hoped to take the train into London today, but I'm lucky to make it down the hall at the moment.

Thanks again for following along.
Peace,
Mark

1 comment:

  1. In retrospect they likely should have put you on a rescue inhaler and either a steroid inhaler or prednisone. What you have been describing is being seen more and more these days in people who would never have thought of themselves as asthmatic. It's called "reactive airway syndrome", a complicated way of saying that once you rattle the lungs, they tend to stay rattled until something is done to decrease inflammation and open airways so that breathing itself no longer continues to be an irritant.

    ReplyDelete