Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday - The Blue Cat - (in..I honestly can't remember)


Well the saga conitunes. The scottish Dr. said ride it out, but this am was bad....fever, sweats, bruised ribs (I have a new found undertsanding of what you go throuugh). I had Robert take me to a hospital in Kendall, a mid-size English town. That dr. said "I can't belive the other Dr. missed it, because you have a full blown lung infection in the left lung, hence the insidious coughs and fevers. He started me on an anti-biotic and suggested it would do the trick. The amazing part of the story is that I paid 0 money to the hospital or the Dr., just 7 pounds (12 bucks or so) at the hospital pharmacy.

I have been able to wing the previous two gigs by cutting my songs down in number and my BGV's down too. We continued to get great response and good cd sales. However, different story today. If I open my mouth to sing, talk, whisper, spit or (oh yeah) breath - I cough uncontrollably. I have gone from barrell chested to "over Niagra Falls in a barrell chested"... overnight!

I feel like I am at least giving myself a shot at the end of the tour, but hard to be optomistic now. So I am playing back-up guitar. Bri is forced to play more guitar than she bargained for, so it is a learning curve. That said tonight went really well. The crowd was an odd mix of really loud bar crowd, but after the show wonderfully supportive (a mix I'm beginning to understand).

We are in a hotel tonight - heading down the road only about 10-15 miles to Bolton for tomorrow nights gig at the Cotten Tree Club

No comments:

Post a Comment